Don’t be scared, ladies! It’s worth it!
Brazilian wax: the process of removing all or almost all hair in the pelvic area by means of wax removal. Brazilian waxing was first named so in modern times by the J. Sisters Salon in Manhattan, founded in 1987 by seven sisters from Brazil. And, after Carrie Bradshaw took the plunge on “Sex in the City”, it became all the rage. Today, it’s commonplace and growing in popularity.
With certain styles of women's swimwear, hair may become visible around the bikini line area of a swimsuit. However, some people also remove hair that is not exposed, for aesthetic, personal hygiene, cultural, fashion or other reasons.
How to cut down on the pain:
- Exfoliation is key to a more comfortable experience! Exfoliation with a body scrub before and in between waxes will keep in-grown hairs at bay.
- Apply a topical antiseptic lotion, such as Finipil® before the procedure and in between waxes to reduce inflammation, pain or growth of bacteria.
- Book the appointment for at least a week after your menstrual cycle.
- Take an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen an hour or so before your appointment to reduce any potential pain.
- Get waxed regularly every 3-4 weeks. The more frequently you wax, the hair becomes finer and lighter, making it easier to remove.
“Brazilian waxes can last 3-4 weeks depending on your rate of hair growth. Getting waxed religiously, throughout the entire year, not just during the bare-all summer months, is the secret to both less pain and better results!” ~Melanie Gilliland, Education Director - European Waxing Center
Why every 3-4 weeks?
- That’s typically the exact time for your hair to hit the “magical” 1/4 inch length.
- Over time hair becomes weaker and grows more slowly, leading to less frequent waxing.
Here at K Bella, we are always discreet when discussing your appointment and you can always count on privacy and professionalism. Be brave and give it a try!