Here are a few things to consider before scheduling your first appointment.
Confirmation Calls and Email
As a courtesy, we send each client either an email or phone call appointment reminder prior to the appointment. However, if we are unable to call or reach you, please understand that it is your responsibility to remember your appointment dates and times to avoid late arrivals, missed appointments, and the No-Show Fee. Please provide our receptionist with the phone number and email address that is best to contact you.
- Late Policy: Due to the high demand for our services and our booking, we adhere to a 15-minute late policy. Unfortunately, if you are running more than 15 minutes past your appointment and have failed to contact the salon, we may have to reschedule. Upon booking, we reserved that time especially for you and try to avoid conflicting with another patron’s personal time. If you are over 5 minutes late, please be aware we may need to for-go some services or have our assistants help with the process.
- Start time: Please arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time in order to relax, browse style ideas and enjoy a refreshing beverage. Your appointment may not start exactly at the time you were scheduled. Outside factors can come into play such as traffic, weather or the client ahead of you may have shown up late to their appointment. Just like the weather, we don't have control over this. However, know that we will always do our best to make it work. When you leave our salon, it'll be worth the wait - listen to what our clients are saying.
- End time: your appointment may run longer than expected for all of the same reasons listed above, in addition to several other factors. For example, clients use the restrooms, need a break, or maybe have more hair than anticipated. We do our very best to stay on time, but we also never rush an appointment. We will always give 100% to ensure everything turns out perfectly!
We do our very best to please everyone and have complimentary cookies, coffee, tea, water, and wine for our clients to enjoy during their appointment. If you're particular about your beverages, we ask that you bring one with you to your service.
A 50% non-refundable deposit will be required for the following reasons:
- if you frequently cancel or no-show, a non-refundable deposit may be required to schedule your next appointment. Your appointment must be canceled 24 hours in advance during weekly business hours
- if you book more than 2 services in a single day, you must cancel within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment
- if you book any package (bridal, spa, etc.) your appointment must be canceled 2 weeks prior
Were you unhappy with your service? Before you decide to write a negative review on Google, Yelp, Facebook, etc. - we ask that you PLEASE contact us to explain the situation. We would appreciate the opportunity to correct any misunderstandings. We want ALL of our clients to leave happy and tell their friends about us in a positive light. Email the owner, Kristan Sayers, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Of course, if you were satisfied with your experience, we would love it if you could write a review!
Refunds & Returns
If you wish to receive a refund/redo, you MUST contact us within two business days. Product returns can only be accepted for unopened/unused merchandise. If you are not satisfied with your service, we are happy to redo it at no cost to you, we require you to see the same Stylist/Technician. (Exclusions apply)
If it's your first time here or if it's just been awhile, it may be a good idea to schedule a quick consult with one of our ladies before scheduling your service. Sometimes, clients aren't sure what they want to have done and that's okay because it is our responsibility, as your technician, to help you with that! We want to make sure we schedule you for the correct amount of time depending on the service you need. Your hair may be damaged by heat styling, a service you received at another salon, trying to bleach your own hair, or using a box color that just didn’t turn out right. You name it, we've seen it. We can fix your damaged hair, but this will require additional time. In order to make sure we get your hair looking its best, it’s beneficial for us to see your hair before your appointment. Please call (810) 360-0915 or fill out this form.
Before arriving at your appointment, please consider the following depending on your service:
Make sure to drink plenty of water to ensure you do not get dehydrated after your massage. Drinking plenty of water post-massage is very helpful in rehydration, building healthy muscle tissue, and removing metabolic wastes that accumulate as your muscles are worked on. If you are nervous, a warm shower before your massage can help you relax and feel clean. If you have a specific issue, talk to your doctor first to make sure a massage is recommended.
Upon arrival, just wear comfortable clothing and don’t worry about a clean face. We will do that for you. Try and avoid tanning, exfoliating, at-home masks, and waxing prior to your appointment. If you can, bring us a list of your current facial products!
You cannot get waxed if you have used Retin-A, Renova, Accutane, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, Chemical Peels, Bleaching Creams, or Glycolic/skin thinning products in the past 72 hours. Please avoid tanning for 24 hours prior to your appointment as well.
Before Your Tan:
- Shave, shower and exfoliate the night before your tanning appointment.
- Waxing and spa services (pedicure, massage, facial ) should be done before your spray tan (2 days prior is our recommendation) as the oils can leave a barrier. Avoid bar soaps.
Day of Your Appointment
- Do not shower less than 4 hrs before the appt.
- Do not use deodorant, makeup, perfume, or moisturizers (including the moisture strip on a razor) the day of your tanning session
- Coming right from the gym is NOT recommended as the sweat will create a barrier
- Bring dark colored, loose fit clothing (no yoga pants or leggings) and flip-flops to wear home.
- You may tan in the undergarment of your choice. Disposable panties provided if needed. Bathing suits and underwear also work. Ladies may tan topless.
Caring for Your Tan
- Shower at the recommended time with warm water only. (Avoid getting wet in any way until this time. ex: swimming, sweating, washing hands, etc.)
- No soap, loofahs or scrunches the day of your tan - this includes no shampoo or conditioner running down the body. If you must wash your hair, do so in the tub or sink, otherwise, make it a dry shampoo day!
- The following day you may shower as normal. Be conscious that any shaving or abrasive products will shorten the life of your tan as it is only on the surface of your skin. It is highly recommended to moisturize 2x daily. Our Perfect Glow Sunless aftercare line is preferred.
Come in with your hair clean and dry for all services. This will ensure you have a clean canvas for us to see the health and condition of your hair. It will also allow the color to penetrate without any harsh residues restricting it.
If you are needing some consulting, it is best to have your hair done how you normally style it. This allows us to troubleshoot your current cut and also for us to get a better understanding of how you like your hair to be styled.
It’s a myth that dirty hair works better for an updo. To ensure frizz free, voluminous up styles, we need the hair clean and dry. We will then prep it for the hold and style needed.
These services do require a consultation prior to where we will go over everything. Please be aware though that we prefer this to be done prior to any color service due to fading issues. Your color service can then be booked 2 weeks after the treatment.
It is NOT true your hair can become damaged from extensions, actually, our clients see better growth and protection on their natural hair. During your consultation, we will go over everything with you to ensure you are a good candidate and how to prepare for your appointment. You will be sitting a long while so please eat and wear comfy clothing!
Come in with a clean face, free of makeup, lotion, or any other cream. From your appointment on, avoid any product that contains oil. If it does not say oil-free, it is not.
Clean face completely (including mascara)! Use an exfoliating scrub or wash if you have dry, flaky skin well in advance of your appointment. Makeup application doesn’t work well if your face is still red from scrubbing.